The doctorate is the apex of higher education. It is prepared in three years after a master’s degree and corresponds to a bac + 8 level (8 years after baccalaureate).
Funding the doctorate is therefore an essential element of success, by providing the doctoral student with the social guarantees of a real employment contract.
Other types of funding
Many other research bodies offer doctorate funding.
It is advisable to get information primarily from the websites of these organizations:
- Doctorate grants from the National Center for Space Studies (CNES).
- The doctoral contracts of the French Atomic Energy Commission (CEA).
- Doctorate grants from the French Environment and Energy Management Agency (ADEME
- Research grants from the French Research Institute for the Exploitation of the Sea (IFREMER).
- Doctorate grants from the Department of Defense.